Friday, November 26, 2010

Football (State Loyalties)

Have you ever seen these people who cheer for a team just to cheer against a team?  Yeah, I'm talking about those people who were born, raised and currently live in Ohio who are fans of the Michigan Wolverines.  What is your logic for being a Wolverines fan?  Aside of actually going to Michigan, have you ever lived there?

Most people I know, are aware I am a Gators fan, but that is because I grew up in Florida, so do not call me on that.  I may currently live in Ohio but I am still a Gators fan, but that doesn't mean that I hate Ohio State or won't cheer them on when they play.  But I surely won't cheer on Michigan because outside of the Insane Clown Posse, Kid Rock, Eminem and Automobiles; nothing else good has come out of Michigan.

My point on this matter is, I hate it when people cheer on a team they do not relate to.

When it comes right down to it, people from Ohio cheer on Ohio State which is how it should be.  The same can be said for people who were born, raised and currently live in Texas, but they cheer on Oklahoma.  What the...

The overall point of this rant is, when you choose a team to cheer for in College Football try and be state loyal.  Professional Football is a bit different, because I am a huge Bears fan, but being born in Ohio and raised in Florida, one would expect me to cheer for the Bengals (which I do), the Browns (which I also do), the Bucaneers (Not in this life time), the Dolphins (Ugh) or the Jaguars (yeah so not an AFC fan). 

In closing, when it comes to college football, be loyal to your state's team because that is how things should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment