Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NCAA

This is where I have a big problem with the NCAA.  You may ask what is the problem I have?

My problem is how they suspended five Buckeye football players for something they, the NCAA are responsible for.  Why doesn't the NCAA suspend themselves? They say how these players have broken rules by selling their own personal property or accolades.  Well, sure that is a pretty low thing to do, but how is it worthy of a five game suspension? Five games is a little harsh.

 You ask me how is the NCAA responsible for anything remotely similar to what these five players, including one more player from the SEC who received a four game suspension?  Simple, they have NCAA football games and sell these college players jerseys in stores or on campuses.  Even Wal Mart sells these jerseys. So, the NCAA can exploit these players names to make money, but these players cannot? How hypocritical of the NCAA!

Honestly, I think a five game suspension is wickedly harsh.  Don't get me wrong, the suspension should have happened, but five games? That is a little too much for something the NCAA is guilty of too.  My request is, if these suspensions stand, then the NCAA should suspend themselves.

I feel bad for Terrelle Pryor, Mike Adams, Devier Posey, Daniel Herron and Solomon Thomas.  We cannot forget Georgia player A.J. Green who received a four game suspension.  Why did he get a 4 and the Buckeye players get five?

Before you go off half cocked and tell me just because I live in the state of Ohio, that I am your typical crybaby Ohio State fan, you couldn't be more off.  I am a Gator fan, first and foremost.  So, I ask you, why is there are difference in suspensions?  Could be a simple case of bias.  There is not a secret that the NCAA has an SEC bias, I see it as an SEC fan.

In closing, I think all of the suspensions are unjust because the NCAA are guilty of selling these players names more so than anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment