Monday, January 17, 2011

Michael Vick, Playoffs and ESPN

There are three things that bother me with the sports media.  The first of these is the sports media themselves, ESPN.  They have such a bias for East Coast teams such as the Patriots, Colts (not really an East Coast team but seriously), the New York Jets and Giants, the New Orleans Saints and so forth.  I know some of these teams are not East Coast but they fall within those guidelines because they're not close to the West  Coast.  My problem with ESPN lies in that fact that they talked about for years how the NFC North was weak when the Bears were winning the division.  Same with the Favre-less Packers.  Aaron Rodgers until this year was compared to Brett Favre and that isn't fair.  I went out on a limb and said when Aaron Rodgers retires from football he will have arguably better numbers than Favre, I may be wrong on that but I will promise you one thing, he will have more Super Bowls won.  It just won't be this year, the Super Bowl winner will hail from Chicago. How's that for bias?  Can I have a job ESPN?   So, I am sitting here asking ESPN when they cover football, cover every team instead of just the ones your bias towards.  Just because Brett Favre walked and chewed gum doesn't make him news worthy.

My next subject is Mike Vick, this guy was hyped up so much and fell flat on his face and failed to take the Eagles any farther than an inept McNabb could do. I'm not a fan of Vick because I will never forgive him for his crimes against so many helpless dogs that trusted him.  I don't think Mike Vick belongs in the NFL, I think he should still be in prison. But I will say that he had a great year, but the problem is it wasn't good enough to go very far and he had a lot of talent around him.  Kevin Kolb was drafted to be your guy, and now there's talk he may be headed to San Francisco. Once again, covering an East Coast team. Bias? ESPN, can I have a job?

Last and certainly not least, the playoffs.  This years NFL Playoffs have been awesome, if that is an inspiring enough word. You've had so many upsets and dark horses winning.  Prime example, the Green Bay Packers.  Many thought they were the team to beat, but they almost missed the playoffs. Nobody expected the Bears to be in the playoffs, especially fighting it out with Green Bay, their arch enemies for the NFC Title and a hopeful Super Bowl win.  The Jets have gone a lot farther than anyone gave them credit for especially ESPN, who said they didn't stand a chance against the overrated Patriots.  How's that for bias ESPN? Will you hire me now? The Steelers are the only team that the experts expected to be there, and I'm sure all of the experts will pick them to win it all, despite not being the best team left in there or the AFC.

In closing, thanks for viewing my blog and I will hopefully take this blog to a second level in the future and get some supports. I'm tired of writing it and nobody follows me. If you agree with me or want to argue with me on my views, please subscribe.

3 comments:

  1. Great Blog and please read mine and comment. The best way to get our blogs out there is to advertise each other.

    I agree that ESPN is bias, Mike Vick should not be in the NFL, and for once in my life, the Playoffs are interesting. I would love to see the Jets vs. Bears in the Superbowl. Nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Blog. I understand your feelings on Vick but there is others who did worse and has has 2nd chances. I would love to see 9ers somehow get Vick but I know it wont happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Colin Cowherd say that the reason they cover those teams so much is because that's what people want to hear. Not me, and probably not a Seahawks fan, Rams fan, etc. I agree that they should cover everyone. As for Vick. This world loves second chances and he is making the best of it. The playoffs this year, Awesome, to bad our Bears couldn't have won the whole thing though.

    ReplyDelete