Monday, October 8, 2012

Any Given Sunday

I have to say I have been nothing but shocked by the current NFL season. On many accounts actually. The fact that the Green Bay Packers are so bad. Another one is, that my Chicago Bears are tied with the Minnesota Vikings of all teams for first in the NFC North.

What do I mean? I knew the Bears would be good. I had no idea with the drafting or Alshon Jeffrey, the signing of Brandon Marshall, and most of all the re-signing of Matt Forte. Not to mention locking up Michael Bush.

Other surprises are Peyton Manning is playing well but that's not the surprise and this is, that he is wearing a Broncos jersey. The fact that Mark Sanchez is still the QB despite having Tim Tebow breathing down his neck. Other surprises are the Saints poor season thus far. The Lions are terrible, but that isn't much of a surprise to me. Their defense is woeful. Another surprise is the Cardinals.

As this season looms over us, we have had other surprises. Green Bay gets screwed over by the replacement referees. The fact that the NFL was stupid enough to not pay the real referees what they think or are worth.

In the end there have been so many surprises this year and a friend of mine always rings in my head. Any given Sunday, the title of my article.

No comments:

Post a Comment