Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kneeling and Sportsmanship

This blog is about players who kneel at the one yard line instead of scoring. Sure, your team may be up by 40 points but that doesn't mean players shouldn't score. I hate to see this as a football nut. It takes away from the game. When you stop scoring, that means you're not playing the game correctly. I also hate it when a QB kneels to run time out of the game. I hate it but that's smart. Scoring 6 or 7 points is the name of the game. As Bobby Bowden once said, if you don't want me top score, stop me. That's not an exact quote but its close to what be had said.

It's not fair to those backup players who work hard in practice, who wish they had their time in the sun.  Personally, if I was paid millions there is no way I'd kneel if I could score. Not to mention the fantasy football aspect of things. That kneel could mean a loss or a win. I know because I had if happen once. I believe it was either Michael Turner or Frank Gore, who knelt and screwed me out of fantasy football. Not that, that should ever be in a coaches or players mind. But its just stupid and senseless to kneel.

This is just something that I had on my mind, so I decided to write about it. Let me know what you think. Thank you and I will be looking forward to my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment